Title: Billing Specialist
Reports To: Sulphur, Louisiana
Location: Sulphur, Louisiana
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
Education: High School/GED
Experience: 1 – 5 years’ experience
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the billing coordinators. Process Time and Material as well as labor reports for technicians
- Generate complicated bills and check for inconsistencies and data entry and communicate with Office Manager regarding billing issues
- Strong customer service, contract administration, field personnel and Operations Management to ensure customer billing requirements are met
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Collect, sort and distribute faxes
- Will be required to utilize revenue cycle billing systems to produce invoices for customers.
- Will maintain billing file for each customer and update collector notes with non-standard invoice numbers
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators or computers to work with data records, and other documents
- Organize and work with detailed records, maintaining files for each area or customer of technical operation
- Meticulous review and verify data in Project Accounting Database
- Transcribe data from worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting data as needed with Operations Managers
- Update client records using Google Docs
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude towards Co-workers and Customers
Desired Skills and Experience -The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 1-5 years minimum customer administration/billing experience to include cash applications, accounts receivable, or accounts payable.
- General knowledge of Accounts receivable concepts and procedures.
- Experience with an automated computer billing system with a large customer base.
Versa offers an excellent total compensation opportunity package, plus competitive benefits that consist of medical, dental, vision, life, & STD/LTD insurance, bonus program, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more. Versa is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company's pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position. Versa Integrity Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran’s status.
Requisition number: SUL - 002
To apply for this job:
- Click the button below to download and complete the Versa Integrity Group Application. Note: The application is a PDF form. You must fill out the fields and "save as".
- Please reference this requisition number, along with the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
- Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.