Billing Specialist III
Title: Billing Specialist III
Reports To: Western Division Manager
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
Education: High School/GED
Experience: 5 - 8 years’ experience
- Manage any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Responsible for the accounts payables team and serve as the Team lead with advice on all client billings, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses for the Beaumont Division.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining a harmonious working team with continuous line of communication to clear any open issues with full billing cycle and processes.
- Responsible for auditing of weekly time sheets, and resolving issues with the technicians.
- Responsible for auditing the Time and Material for technicians as well as labor reports before final submission for payments to payroll.
- Process special billing requests and produce routine billing reports and manage customer issues to complete resolution.
- Oversee the all division billing, coordination, and administration of major customer accounts, including utilization through Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) project accounting software.
- Customer account management, including researching and resolving customer inquiries with a high-level of customer service, serving as the liaison between critical issues and the Operations Management Team.
- Perform accounts receivable reconciliations and provide weekly report to Operations Managers of issues and resolution.
- Work with Operations management department to monitor proper billing, projects and contracts specifications match billing set ups and remittance processes in GP.
- Manage the invoicing cycle to meet or exceed month end deadlines.
- Responsible for recommendations to improve quality of invoicing, reporting and collection procedures to the Western Regional Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for providing reporting, contract compliance and sales analysis on key accounts to the Operations Managers and the Western Regional Accounting Manager.
- Maintain the Beaumont office accounting files and close out year end processes and archiving.
- Generate complicated bills and check for inconsistencies and data entry and communicate with Western Regional Accounting Manager regarding billing issues.
- Strong customer service, contract administration, field personnel and Operations Management to ensure customer billing requirements are met.
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Collect, sort and distribute faxes.
- Will be required to utilize revenue cycle billing systems to produce invoices for customers.
- Will maintain billing file for each customer and update collector notes with non-standard invoice numbers
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators or computers to work with data records, and other documents.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, or other documents.
- Organize and work with detailed records, maintaining files for each area or customer of technical operation.
- Meticulous review and verify data in GP Project Accounting Database.
- Transcribe data from worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting data as needed with Operations Managers.
- Update client records using Google Docs.
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude towards Co-workers and Customers.
- Travel and meet with Sulphur Division team for cross functional team building and issues resolution.
- Hold team meetings and team building activities to ensure a positive work environment and team atmosphere.
Desired Skills and Experience -The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 - 8 years' minimum customer administration/billing experience to include cash applications, accounts receivable, or accounts payable.
- Positive can do attitude, problem solver and ability to handle difficult situations to positive outcome with team and office environment.
- General knowledge of Accounts receivable concepts and procedures.
- Experience with an automated computer billing system with a large customer base.
- Strong Software ERP Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains / Project Accounting and or other strong experience of use and understanding of ERP software systems and PC skills.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to participate in all required training programs.
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound business judgment in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of external and internal customer
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
Versa offers an excellent total compensation opportunity package, plus competitive benefits that consist of medical, dental, vision, life, & STD/LTD insurance, bonus program, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more. Versa is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company's pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position. Versa Integrity Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran’s status.
Requisition number: BEA - 001
To apply for this job:
- Click the button below to download and complete the Versa Integrity Group Application. Note: The application is a PDF form. You must fill out the fields and "save as".
- Please reference this requisition number, along with the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
- Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.