Eddy Current Assistant
Title: Eddy Current Assistant
Reports To: Eddy Current Division
Location: Oakley, California
Base Pay: Competitive pay for the right candidate
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
Education: High School
Manages Others: No
Industry: Industrial Service
Required Travel: Yes
Eddy Current Assistant Job Duties:
Applicants should have a willingness to learn and to perform manual labor as a part of gaining experience with our products and services. Applicants will assist with Field Service technologies in performing NDT inspections. An individual in this position is expected to obtain Level I and Level II certification in eddy current, remote field and ultrasonic testing. During off peak or non-seasonal times, this position will/could also involve Shop Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance and Equipment Inventory.
While performing the duties of this job, an individual would be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; maneuver in confined spaces. An individual would be required to lift and/or move at least 50 pounds regularly.
Desired Skills and Experience -The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Industrial refineries and chemical plants experience
- Has good computer aptitude with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Has experience and/or knowledge of NDE techniques and processes
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- Able to embrace and uphold Versa’s commitment to safety and its procedures
- Able to pass Versa drug testing requirements
- Must possess a TWIC card
- Great organizational skills
- Great Problem solving skills and great interpersonal skills
- Understands diversity and inclusiveness within a workforce
- Leadership traits expected of position
- Valid Driver’s license
Versa offers an excellent total compensation opportunity package, plus competitive benefits that consist of medical, dental, vision, life, & STD/LTD insurance, bonus program, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more. Versa is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company's pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position. Versa Integrity Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran’s status.
Requisition number: 018-015
To apply for this job:
- Click the button below to download and complete the Versa Integrity Group Application. Note: The application is a PDF form. You must fill out the fields and "save as".
- Please reference this requisition number, along with the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
- Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.