Heat Treat Technicians
Title: Heat Treat Level Technicians
Reports To: Versa Advanced Services Division
Location: Houston, Texas
Base Pay: Premium for right candidate
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
Education: High School or GED
Experience: see below
Versa Integrity Group is searching for Heat Treat Technicians for immediate hire. The right candidate should include their documented class time and OJT, as well as any and all certifications to be considered for employment. Our advanced department is growing by leaps and bounds and we want you to join us! Below is a listing of other desired skills and experience that we request from candidates.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to a variety of heat treat functions on parts made from various materials. * Heat Treat functions involving typical operations such as hardening, stress relieving and annealing in accordance with customer specifications, blue prints and written instructions. * Furnace: Set, Monitor and check settings. * Inspection: Must be able to use inspection tools. * Crane: Ability to operate an overhead crane. * Forklift: Must be forklift certified or willing to be trained. * Computer Skills: Basic word and excel * Ability to Reason: Interpret instructions both written and oral, diagram and/or schedule form. * Controls: Must be able to monitor and dial controls accurately. * Ability to lift 75lbs, push, pull, overhead work, frequently standing.
- Performs all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on heat treat related systems including, but not limited to: furnaces, material handling equipment, electrical instruments, and control panels.
- Great communication with team members and clients
- Lead by example
- Willing to train assistants
- Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
- The heat treat level II technician must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Troubleshoot and repair heat treat equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Required to comply with work, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- The ability to set-up any type of Electrical PWHT
- Run and Maintain different projects
- Safety and Quality practice
- Repair and Maintenance Equipment
Qualified candidates will be required to travel and must have excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to successfully demonstrate machine build and repair knowledge and experience. Must be able to communicate well with all levels of management and plant employees both verbally and in written form. Requires working in industrial / manufacturing environment that includes extreme temperatures. Must be able to climb ladders and lift objects up to 75 lbs. A minimum of 3 years related experience required.
Requires excellent human relations skills and ability to organize, problem solve. This position must be someone who can drive change and work with others to continuously improve processes. Ability to operate in high-pressure environment. Self-starter required; must be able to formulate successful strategies with minimal guidance and general guidelines.
Versa offers an excellent total compensation opportunity package, plus competitive benefits that consist of medical, dental, vision, life, & STD/LTD insurance, bonus program, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more. Versa is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company's pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position. Versa Integrity Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran’s status.
Requisition number: 004-Heat Treat
To apply for this job:
- Click the button below to download and complete the Versa Integrity Group Application. Note: The application is a PDF form. You must fill out the fields and "save as".
- Please reference this requisition number, along with the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
- Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.