Title: Paut Technician
Reports To: Corpus Christi Operations Manager
Location: Based out of Corpus Christi, TX
Base Pay: TBD based on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Hourly
Education: Some college preferred
Experience: 5+ years
Manages Others: No
Industry: Industrial Service
Required Travel: Yes
The Paut Technician will be responsible and accountable for performing some or all of the various methods and techniques typically utilized in Ultrasonic Testing. Flaw Detection and Sizing utilizing Phased Array UT, Shear wave and Longitudinal Wave is required. Perform inspections on a variety of components in the refining, petrochemical, power and construction industries.
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
- Perform tasks to the extent certified and qualified in.
- Set-up and calibrate equipment.
- Conduct tests with Ultrasonic Testing automated and semi-automated UT Phased Array equipment i.e. Olympus Omniscan MX2.
- Conduct tests in the basic NDT methods to the extent certified and qualified in.
- Interpret, evaluate and document results through formal reports.
- Direct the work of trainees and Level I personnel in the method(s) in which certified and capable of.
- Provide direction and guidance with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Write procedures, and/or develop inspection techniques, which must be approved by a Level III Technician.
- Assist account managers with quoting projects as needed.
- Assist Operations Manager with project scheduling as needed.
- High School Diploma, Some College Preferred
- Documented 80 hours of Phased Array Training
- Documented 80 hours of Ultrasonic Testing Training
- 5+ years’ experience in Non-Destructive Testing.
- 3+ years’ experience in Phased Array Inspections
Performance and Skills
- Perform all duties as assigned and adhere to Versa’s Core Values: Safety First – in everything we do; Integrity – means doing the right thing; Service Leadership – throughout the company; Innovation – supports continuous growth and improvement; Pride and Respect – for ourselves and our company.
- Previous experience and knowledge of advanced UT applications such as Phased Array, Tip Diffraction, IGSCC and TOFD a plus.
- Must possess some specific advanced methods training and experience.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal preferred.
- Proven ability in report writing required.
- Ability to function in a team environment a must. Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Olympus Omniscan MX2
- Olympus Epoch 600
- Omni PC
- ES Beam Tool
- AUT Solutions Analyzation Software
Typical Physical Demands
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
Versa offers an excellent total compensation opportunity package, plus competitive benefits that consist of medical, dental, vision, life, & STD/LTD insurance, bonus program, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more. Versa is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company's pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position. Versa Integrity Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran’s status.
Requisition number: 013 - 020
To apply for this job:
- Click the button below to download and complete the Versa Integrity Group Application. Note: The application is a PDF form. You must fill out the fields and "save as".
- Please reference this requisition number, along with the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
- Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.