What is Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection?
A process that adheres to a standard developed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to offer a set of guidelines to inspect and repair aboveground storage tanks used in the chemical and petroleum industry. One of the applicable standards is API-653, which our experienced personnel have utilized since the inception of the certification program.
Advantages of Versa Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection
Versa Integrity Group, Inc. has engaged in API-653 inspection since the beginning, and have thus performed thousands of aboveground storage tank inspections. Additionally, we participate in several in-service inspection programs for our customers and maintain records of due dates for them. Our out-of-service inspection is extensive, and we have personnel and equipment to support all phases of the inspection per specifications. Furthermore, the formal reporting procedure we follow provides a full evaluation of all floor, shell, roof, and appurtenance calculations.
Versa Integrity Group, Inc. also offers certified inspectors with experience in the application of STI-SP-001 to meet current EPA requirements of small tanks that fall into the agency’s rule for Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC).
Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection Services
- Floating and fixed roof evaluations
- Primary and secondary seal inspections
- MFE flux leakage inspection of floor plating
- Remote and manual UT crawler inspection of shell plating
- Video camera inspection of inaccessible locations
- Roof inspections using remote crawler system
- Laser inspection of tank internal floor level deviations
- Edge settlement evaluations
- Laser transit external settlement inspection and evaluation
- Planar tilt evaluations
- Vacuum box testing
- Internal floating roof membrane and pontoon inspection
- External floating roof pontoon visual, diesel, and air testing
- Helium leak testing of tank floors
- Corrosion Mapping (AUT) of areas of concern/indication monitoring