Sometimes where you are, is not where you want to be. A gap analysis is a strategic planning tool that will help shed light on where your reliability program is, where you want it to be, and how you’re going to get there.
- The gap analysis process we implement to assess your asset integrity management program is simple and effective:
- Identify where the reliability program is currently, based on metrics or attributes
- Identify where you would like to the see the program over a specific timeframe
- Identify the gap between your optimal asset integrity management program and the current program
- Determine how the gap should be filled using our 5-M’s:
- Manpower: the human resources you need
- Methods: the processes you need
- Metrics: the measurements you need
- Machines: the technology you need
- Minutes: the time you need
By performing a gap analysis in this manner, we can help your facility locate these gaps and determine how to move your reliability program where you want it to be. A thorough gap analysis can and will help any organization save money and improve production/efficiency significantly.