Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) and High Temperature Sulfidation Corrosion (HTSC) are common damage mechanisms in refineries and other process plants that, if undetected, can lead to major incidents. Versa Integrity Group NDE specialists are trained to detect these and other corrosion mechanisms using LIXI real-time radiography equipment.
What is Radiometric Profiling (RP)?
Radiometric Profiling measures the attenuation of a highly collimated radiation beam. By calibrating the RP equipment to a known material standard, one can convert the amount of radiation (light) received into a meaningful measure of thickness. Furthermore, different arm sizes are available to fit around a multitude of insulated pipe diameters.
Advantages of RP
- No removal of insulation is necessary
- No radiation barricade is necessary
- Will not interfere with plant instrumentation (level gages, etc.)
- Real-time results
- Assembled and calibrated within 15 minutes
- Configured for conventional or rope access use
- Not affected by temperature of piping
Radiometric Profiling (RP) Services
- Detecting water/ice in insulation
- Assessing product levels
- Weld indentification
- Internal and external corrosion
Please contact our office for more details on the services we perform.