When it comes to facility equipment inspection, many facilities still use traditional time based practices. Unfortunately, these practices fail to account for the unique levels of risk posed by specific damage mechanisms for each piece of equipment, leading to inefficient NDT techniques and unreliable inspection frequencies.
What is Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)?
RBI helps inspection and reliability engineers focus resources, target inspection dollars, and control costs by factoring risk into inspection planning and management. Equipment reliability and the safe, efficient operation of aging infrastructure are key to profitability in the refining and chemical / petrochemical industry. RBI refocuses inspection dollars and critical related efforts where they're needed most, using risk as a basis for prioritizing and managing an in-service inspection program. This is accomplished by technology that considers the probability and resulting consequences of an undesirable event.
Advantages of Versa Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
We have experts that are trained and well-versed in API RBI recommended practices. Our experts have helped author some of the leading documents on RBI, and they maintain a high degree of technical knowledge in everything from RBI philosophy to technology.
We perform RBI in a systematic and standardized manner that allows for objective assessments and repeatable results. We pride ourselves on possessing fluency in a variety of RBI software packages. We not only effectively utilize the various packages to perform RBI assessments, but also fully train the owner/operator to manage the RBI process once the assessment is complete.
Benefits of Versa Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
- Move from time based inspection to condition based inspections
- Identify damage mechanisms associated with specific pieces of equipment
- Adds value to the mechanical integrity program
- Best practices for industry
- Integrated with a management system for defining and maintaining IOWs as well as a robust management of change (MOC) process
- Increases the level of confidence with the facility's reliability efforts
- Better inspection strategies
- Overall reduction of risk for the facility and equipment assessed
- An acceptance/understanding of current risk
- Management of risk continuously
- Provides planning and budgeting input to define staffing needs to maintain equipment
- Complements the PHA by focusing on the mechanical integrity related damage mechanisms and risk management.